Saturday, July 12, 2014

Eyeball Eating Bacteria: A Caution For Contact Lense Users

Here's a story that will make your eyes red: a college student in Taiwan was recently blinded after leaving her contact lenses in for about 6 months.  Flesh eating bacterial got under the lens and literally ate her eyeball.

This was a freak occurrence -- we hope none of our readers keep contacts in that long, but it also serves as a lesson in why it's important to store and maintain contact lenses in a sanitary way.

Visit our website to find more on child safety and medical information.

No comments:

Post a Comment